Economists study the production and distribution of resources, goods and services by collecting and analyzing data, researching trends and evaluating economic issues.
A degree in economics prepares students to pursue careers in business, education, government, law and other fields.
- Economists often seek employment opportunities as consultants, helping private businesses, nonprofit organizations and branches of government.
- Graduates of FVCC’s Economics program are prepared to transfer with junior status to the University of Montana – Missoula, Montana State University-Bozeman, and other four-year institutions. MSU’s economics program offers students two emphasis options, general economics and economic science..
- Students earning a bachelor degree in economics are prepared for various graduate programs, including law school.
Attributes of Successful Economists
- Strong communication skills
- Tendency to think outside of the box
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Enjoy researching and analyzing data
- Mathematically adept