Communications is a field that studies the process of human communication and how it can be used to benefit every professional and personal interaction.
Earn an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from FVCC and prepare to transfer to a four-year university or college to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies.
FVCC will help you select the best classes to prepare you for a successful transfer to the college of your choice in any subject area.
- FVCC’s A.A. degree satisfies the lower-division general education courses required to transfer to a four-year university or college to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies.
- FVCC’s Communications Studies courses combine theory, tools and techniques for analyzing, managing and improving communication.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies prepares students to pursue careers in public relations, media, business, social services and other fields.
Attributes of Successful Communications Professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to other people
- Good writing skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Enjoy researching information
- Ability to produce quality work on tight deadlines