If you enjoy working with data, solving problems with technology, and being part of a team, business administration might be a career fit for you.
The Business Administration transfer track at FVCC provides a comprehensive understanding of business principles with hands-on experience and prepares students for transfer to a bachelor’s degree program at most four-year institutions.
Earning a bachelor’s degree or higher in a business administration field provides the ability to pursue a variety of career opportunities, as most organizations utilize business professionals. Business administration graduates apply their skills from large corporations to hometown family businesses, as well as make major contributions in marketing, government, non-profit organizations and more.
- MSU Billings and MSU Northern offer opportunities to complete a bachelor’s degree online in several business related areas such as Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration and more. Talk with an FVCC academic advisor about online bachelor degree options.
- Students interested in transferring to MSU-Northern or Carroll College to complete a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration have the opportunity to take advantage of transfer articulation agreements. Students who follow these programs of study to earn an Associate of Arts degree at FVCC with a grade of “C-” or higher in every course will transfer as juniors. Talk with an FVCC academic advisor for more information about these Business Administration transfer articulation opportunities.
Business Administration transfer track students are prepared to specialize in a variety of fields at their transfer institutions, including
- Information Systems
- Human Resources Management
- Production Management
Attributes of Successful Business Administrators
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- Effective communication skills that cross cultural boundaries
- Ability to build strong and effective teams
- Interest in technological tools available and necessary for business development
- Good interpersonal skills
Students preparing to transfer should work closely with an advisor to customize a course of study based on their transfer goals. Students should also become familiar with transfer school programs, as it is the student’s responsibility to check with each transfer school in order to determine specific prerequisite courses and equivalencies.
In addition to General Education Requirements, Business Administration students typically take the following courses at FVCC prior to transferring:
|Course Number||Course Title|
|ACTG 201||Principles of Financial Accounting|
|ACTG 202||Principles of Managerial Accounting|
|BGEN 235||Business Law|
|BMIS 211||Introduction to Business Decision Support|
|ECNS 201||Principles of Microeconomics|
|ECNS 202||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|STAT 216||Introduction to Statistics|