A degree in Business Administration prepares students to pursue careers in accounting, economics, information systems, finance, human resource management, marketing and other business-related fields of study. This program satisfies the lower-division general education courses required for a bachelor’s degree at many four-year institutions.
Successful businesses need skilled administrators.
FVCC’s Business Administration associate of arts degree meets the lower division general core requirements at The University of Montana – Missoula, Montana State University – Billings, Montana State University – Bozeman, Montana State University – Northern, the University of Great Falls and many other four-year institutions. The suggested course work normally fulfills the first half of baccalaureate degree requirements in Business Administration. Course selection should be tailored to match requirements defined by intended transfer institutions.
- This degree prepares graduates for employment in entry-level management and professional positions with both small and large businesses in retail, wholesale trade, manufacturing, banking and service industries along with local and state governments.
- Graduates may work as employment specialists, administrative assistants, team leaders, project managers, assistant managers, management trainees or other service professionals.
Attributes of Successful Business Administrators
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- Effective communication skills that cross cultural boundaries
- Ability to build strong and effective teams
- Interest in technological tools available and necessary for business development
- Good interpersonal skills