A degree in accounting opens doors in every kind of business from coast to coast.
FVCC’s Accounting transfer track prepares students to transfer to the University of Montana, Montana State University and other four-year institutions that offer bachelor degrees in accounting. In addition, MSU Billings and MSU Northern offer opportunities to complete a bachelor’s degree online in several business-related areas such as Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration and more. See your advisor about online bachelor degree options.
- The annual mean wage for an accountant with a bachelor’s degree or higher working in Montana is $78,090, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of Successful Accountants
- Strong math skills
- Enjoy learning to use new software and technology
- Honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential information
- Good communication skills
In addition to General Education Requirements, accounting students typically take the following courses at FVCC prior to transferring:
|Course Number||Course Title|
|ACTG 201||Principles of Financial Accounting|
|ACTG 202||Principles of Managerial Accounting|
|BGEN 235||Business Law|
|BMIS 211||Introduction to Business Decision Support|
|ECNS 201||Principles of Microeconomics|
|ECNS 202||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|STAT 216||Introduction to Statistics|
- Accounting transfer track students should work closely with an advisor to customize a course of study based on their transfer goals. Students should also become familiar with transfer school programs, as it is the student’s responsibility to check with each transfer school in order to determine specific prerequisite courses and equivalencies.