A degree in accounting opens doors in every kind of business from coast to coast.
FVCC’s Accounting programs prepare students to perform basic accounting functions within a business. Students receive a well-rounded business education that includes organizational and supervisory skills. Depending upon which degree is obtained, graduates may seek employment as entry-level bookkeepers or may transfer to a four-year university to pursue a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- FVCC’s Associate of Science degree in Accounting Technology transfers to the University of Montana, Montana State University and other four-year institutions that offer bachelor’s degrees in accounting.
- The annual mean wage for an accountant with a bachelor’s degree or higher working in Montana is $64,900, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The annual mean wage for an accounting or bookkeeping clerk working in Montana is $35,170, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of Successful Accountants
- Strong math skills
- Enjoy learning to use new software and technology
- Honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential information
- Good communication skills