A degree in accounting opens doors in every kind of business from coast to coast.
FVCC’s Accounting programs prepare students to perform basic accounting functions within a business. Students receive a well-rounded business education that includes organizational and supervisory skills. Depending upon which degree is obtained, graduates may seek employment as entry-level bookkeepers or may transfer to a four-year university to pursue a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- FVCC’s Associate of Science degree in Accounting Technology transfers to the University of Montana, Montana State University and other four-year institutions that offer bachelor’s degrees in accounting.
- The annual mean wage for an accountant with a bachelor’s degree or higher working in Montana is $64,900, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The annual mean wage for an accounting or bookkeeping clerk working in Montana is $35,170, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of Successful Accountants
- Strong math skills
- Enjoy learning to use new software and technology
- Honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential information
- Good communication skills
Accounting Transfer Track
FVCC’s Accounting transfer track prepares students to transfer to the University of Montana, Montana State University and other four-year institutions that offer bachelor degrees in accounting.
Accounting Technology - CAS
The following curriculum develops the competencies needed for success as an entry-level bookkeeper and may serve as the basis for further courses leading toward a full-charge bookkeeper.
Accounting Technology - AAS
This program is designed to give the student a high level of proficiency as a technical accountant and leads to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Accounting Technology. A technical accountant will possess the skills necessary to perform all accounting functions within the business organization except those of a very advanced nature. The student receives a well-rounded business education and should be able to perform organizational and supervisory duties within the office.