If you are an artistic and tech-savvy individual, consider a career in graphic design.
FVCC’s Graphic Design program teaches the fundamentals of process, output production and presentation using industry-standard software and other tools. Photography, design, drawing, video editing and web development are core competencies of the program.
FVCC’s Graphic Design program offers a two-semester Certificate of Applied Science and a four-semester Associate of Applied Science degree. Students develop core skills in design process, drawing, photography, video editing and web development while assembling an extensive portfolio of digital and printed work.
- During their time at FVCC, students build an extensive print and digital portfolio of work that can be shown to potential employers and transfer schools.
- Graduates of FVCC’s Graphic Design A.A.S. program are prepared to apply to fine art bachelor degree programs at Montana State University Bozeman and the University of Montana-Missoula.
- The annual mean wage for a graphic designer working in the state of Montana is $40,960, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attributes of Successful Graphic Designers
- Artistic ability
- Customer service oriented
- Technologically savvy and enjoy learning new programs
- Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Team player