The Goldsmithing and 3D Jewelry Design program prepares students for careers as independent studio artists, designers, and studio technicians within the jewelry industry.
Students will become proficient in computer modeling, fabrication, casting, stone setting, forming, repair, and design. Upon completion of this program, students will have the ability to:
- Fabricate jewelry;
- Design and produce jewelry using CAD/CAM;
- Cast jewelry in various forms;
- Utilize a variety of stone setting techniques;
- Perform a variety of surface treatments;
- Forge and form unique components using both anticlastic and synclastic forming techniques;
- Use a hydraulic press and die making for forming;
- Preform basic jewelry repair; and
- Exhibit a professional jewelry portfolio representing various aspects of the jewelry industry.
Attributes of Successful Goldsmiths and Jewelry Designers:
- Strong work ethic
- Resilient, thick-skinned, determined
- Passionate about their work
- Willing to take risks