Our faculty will inspire and challenge you to do your best creative work.
FVCC’s Arts Transfer degree provides students with foundational knowledge in drawing, photography, ceramics and painting while preparing them to transfer to The School of Fine Arts at the University of Montana or The School of Art at Montana State University.
Students who study art at FVCC have the opportunity to transfer to many four-year art programs in the nation. Admission into the Bachelor of Fine Arts programs at the University of Montana and Montana State University is competitive, and successful completion of lower division art classes is only a first step. With the addition of studio-level courses, students can build a portfolio of work to be considered by four-year academic institutions or to be shown in galleries.
- The University of Montana offers a B.A. and a B.F.A. in sculpture, ceramics, print making, photography, drawing and painting and a degree in art education.
- Montana State University offers a B.F.A. in studio arts and graphic design and a B.A. in art history, K-12 art education, liberal arts studio and photography.
- FVCC’s Art Department is comprised of eight studios that house ceramics and sculpting, oil and watercolor painting, drawing, printmaking, jewelry and metalsmithing, graphic design, photography and 2D and 3D design programs.
Attributes of Successful Art Transfer Students
- Open to constructive coaching from instructors and fellow artists
- Interest in exploring diverse mediums
- Able to follow directions
- Adaptive and flexible thinking style
- Able to produce a solid portfolio of work representing various mediums