Welding Technology, CTS
The Welding Technology Certificate of Technical Studies provides students the minimum welding skills needed to be employable, including at least two AWS certifications. Upon successful completion of the program, students will
- Describe and demonstrate safe use of each type of welding equipment;
- Select and demonstrate various joining processes;
- Demonstrate proper setup, adjustment, and use of typical cutting and welding equipment;
- Demonstrate proficiency in OXYFUEL, SMAW, GMAW, and FCAW processes;
- Visually inspect and document proper applications of welding processes; and
- Demonstrate techniques and devices for minimizing part distortion during welding.
First Semester Total: 8
Second Semester Total: 11
Total Credits: 19
- To earn this certificate, students must earn at least two American Welding qualifications as part of thecourse curriculum.
- After completing the program, students should be qualified for the following certifications:
- 3/8" (mild steel)
- Unlimited Thickness (mild steel)
- Limited Pipe (mild steel)
- Fees for this program are higher than average. Please see your advisor for more details.
Opportunities after Graduation
- Career opportunities offer a wide range of possibilities as a welding technician in various production areas.
For more information about this program, contact the FVCC Student Support Center.
|Student Support Center Advisor|