Personal Trainer, CAS
Personal Trainers are responsible for safe and effective exercise prescription in health and fitness club settings. Thorough understanding of anatomy, muscle function, exercise prescription, basic nutrition, and fitness assessment provides personal trainers with the knowledge to safely structure exercise programs for clients. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- Motivate clients in exercise and healthy life choices;
- Create safe and effective exercise programs;
- Understand how the body works to create muscle and metabolize fat;
- Become knowledgeable in fitness assessment techniques; and
- Develop relationships with other fitness professionals for lifelong learning.
First Semester Total: 16
Second Semester Total: 15
Total Credits: 31
1This course is only offered fall semester.
2This course is only offered spring semester.
R Indicates Related Instruction requirement.
*Indicates prerequisite and/or corequisite needed. Check course description.
- Graduates of this program will be prepared to sit for a national certification exam through the American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM),National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
Opportunities After Graduation
- Fitness facilities require the expertise of proficient personal trainers. This is a growing industry with many job opportunities.
For more information about this program, contact the FVCC Student Support Center or the Faculty Advisor.
|Faculty Advisor||Student Support Center Advisor|
|Lori Elwell, M.A.||Russ Lamson|
|BC 123D||LRC 104|
|(406) 756-3899||(406) 756-3885|