FVCC to Host Earth Week Events
The Flathead Valley Community College Renewable Resource Club will host a week of festivities in celebration of Earth Week April 22-26. All events will take place on the FVCC campus and are free and open to the community. Scheduled activities will include:
Monday, April 22:
- An aluminum can drive will kick off in the Blake Hall foyer; a competition between FVCC students and employees will be held to raise money for the Glenn Ford Memorial Scholarship to benefit FVCC students; and
- A clothing swap drop off will begin in Blake Hall, room 155, and will continue until the clothing swap event on April 25; clothes should be gently used without holes or stains.
Thursday, April 25:
- A clothing swap event will take place in Blake Hall, room 140, from 1 to 4 p.m.; admission is $2 for the general public and $1 for students; the admission charge will be waived for anyone who bring in a bag of aluminum cans to recycle; proceeds from the event will benefit the Glenn Ford Memorial Scholarship;
- An Earth Day art contest and awards presentation featuring recycled art by area grade school students will be on display from 6:30 to 7 p.m. in the Arts and Technology Building; and
- Movie Night sponsored by Citizens for a Better Flathead will feature short films about walking, $10 bicycle helmets for sale for all ages to benefit the Glacier Pilot Club, informational tables and the opportunity to network with local organizations; the event will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Arts and Technology Building.
Friday, April 26:
- The film Green Fire by Aldo Leopold will be presented in Blake Hall, room 140, from 10 a.m. to noon;
- TRIO brat barbeque will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. outside the Blake Hall main entrance featuring local bratwursts from Lower Valley Processing and buns from Wheat Montana; brats will sell for $2.50 each, and proceeds will benefit the TRIO program at FVCC;
- Chemical-free household demonstrations and recycling display boards and information tables will be showcased from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Blake Hall foyer; and
- FVCC campus clean-up will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.; participants are asked to meet at the Blake Hall main entrance.
Saturday, April 27:
- Global Youth Service Day and Global Love Day celebration will take place in the Arts and Technology Building, room 144, from 9 a.m. to noon; the event will feature a workshop for children ages eight to 12 and their parents or adult caregivers; various arts and crafts activity stations will be available, and participants will have the opportunity to create gifts and cards for members of the U.S. military; entertainment will include music, singing and dancing.
For more information, contact FVCC Renewable Resource Coordinator Andrea Bulik at 756-3372 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.