FVCC Now Accepting Applications for 2015-16 Practical Nursing Program
Program Expands to College’s Libby Campus
Flathead Valley Community College is accepting applications for fall entry into its 2015-2016 practical nursing program. The deadline for application submissions is April 24 at 4 p.m. New this year, the college is expanding the practical nursing program to its Libby campus, allowing up to six qualified Libby area residents to be accepted into the program, which will be offered by way of distance education.
Students who have completed or are in the process of completing the required prerequisite courses this spring and have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 in those courses are eligible to apply for admission into the program. Additional admission criteria include proof of required immunizations, letters of reference, paid and volunteer health-care experience and a cover letter or essay. Top applicants will be asked to participate in small group interviews as part of the initial selection process. Final acceptance requires passing a background check, testing negative for active tuberculosis and providing proof of current personal health insurance.
New students are required to complete the FVCC application for admission and follow the steps for enrolling in the college, including submitting official transcripts if transfer credits are to be considered.
Frequently asked questions, nursing program information and the 2015-2016 Practical Nursing Program Application Packet are available at https://www.fvcc.edu/practicalnursing.html. Completed applications can be dropped off at the Admissions Office in Blake Hall on the college’s Kalispell campus or mailed to FVCC Admissions Office-Practical Nursing, 777 Grandview Drive, Kalispell, MT 59901.
Anyone interested in applying to the practical nursing program is invited to attend any of the following Information sessions:
- March 4, 3 p.m., FVCC-Kalispell campus, Rebecca Chaney Broussard Center for Nursing and Health Science, room 105;
- March 5, noon, FVCC-Libby campus, 225 Commerce Way;
- March 11, noon, FVCC-Kalispell campus, Rebecca Chaney Broussard Center for Nursing and Health Science, room 105 (Complimentary lunch will be provided. RSVP by March 9 by calling 756-3385);
- April 9, noon, FVCC-Libby campus, 225 Commerce Way;
- April 20, noon, FVCC-Kalispell campus, Rebecca Chaney Broussard Center for Nursing and Health Science, room 105; and
- April 21, 4:30 p.m., FVCC-Kalispell campus, Rebecca Chaney Broussard Center for Nursing and Health Science, room 105.
For more information, contact FVCC Nursing Department at (406) 756-3385.