FVCC Hosts Discussion on Reducing Waste Footprint
FVCC will host a community discussion about practical solutions for reducing waste in the Flathead Valley. Organized in response to recent changes in the global recycling industry, the Q and A-style discussion will take place on Thursday, June 21 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. in the large meeting room of the Arts and Technology Building on the FVCC campus. There is no charge to participate.
The event will feature a panel discussion with six individuals who are currently working for businesses and organizations that are committed to reducing waste, including:
- Dave Prunty, Public Works Director, Flathead County
- Chase Jones, Energy Conservation & Climate Action Coordinator, City of Missoula
- Matthew Folz, Director of Risk & Sustainability, Xanterra Glacier National Park Lodges
- Jay Frisard, Regional Manager, Glacier Restaurant Group
- Ryder Delaloye, Director of Curriculum, Whitefish School District
- Alissa LaChance, Owner and Operator, Dirt Rich Compost
Citizens for a Better Flathead Executive Director Richard Turbiak will moderate the discussion.