The Student Wellness Team wishes to increase the overall health standards at Flathead Valley Community College by affecting students’ knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, skills and behaviors concerning health and wellness.
In order to support student learning and academic success, the Student Health & Wellness Team will provide the FVCC community with health promotion and prevention programming. We serve as health and wellness resources for the FVCC family and strive to foster a campus atmosphere that supports and respects healthy lifestyle choices.
- Create a better understanding of health and wellness on campus.
- Increase the capacity for students to make healthy lifestyle choices on campus.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices more appealing and socially accepted.
- Develop institutional systems and structures to support students’ health and wellness.
Areas of Focus:
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation – Smoking and Tobacco Free Policy
- Alcohol and Other Drugs – Campus Alcohol Policy
- Sexual Assault Prevention – Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Stalking and Retailiation Policy
- Sexual Health
- Emotional Health (Stress, Anxiety, Sleep, Suicide, etc.)
- Chronic Illnesses (Diabetes, Asthma, Cardiovascular, etc…)
For information and resources, check out Student Health 101!
Student Wellness Team Member
For information about this paid position, read the Student Wellness Team Member position description.
If you would like to apply for the position of Student Wellness Team Member, visit FVCC Human Resources – Student Employment for more information and application materials. Questions? Contact Wendy Jeschke, Student Engagement Coordinator, at (406) 756-3908 or email@example.com.