The Student Wellness Team wishes to increase the overall health standards at Flathead Valley Community College by affecting students’ knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, skills, and behaviors concerning health and wellness.
In order to support student learning and academic success, the Student Health & Wellness Team will provide the FVCC community with health promotion and prevention programming. We serve as health and wellness resources for the FVCC family and strive to foster a campus atmosphere that supports and respects healthy lifestyle choices.
- Create a better understanding of health and wellness on campus.
- Increase the capacity for students to make healthy lifestyle choices on campus.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices more appealing and socially accepted.
- Develop institutional systems and structures to support students’ health and wellness.
Areas of Focus:
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation – Smoking and Tobacco Free Policy
- Alcohol and Other Drugs – Campus Alcohol Policy
- Sexual Assault Prevention – Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Stalking and Retailiation Policy
- Sexual Health
- Emotional Health (Stress, Anxiety, Sleep, Suicide, etc.)
- Chronic Illnesses (Diabetes, Asthma, Cardiovascular, etc…)
For information and resources check out Student Health 101!
Become a Certified Peer Educator (CPE) and earn money! We select 5-7 students each year to be on our Student Wellness Team to help create wellness programs and events. CPE certification training is at no cost to the student. For information about this position check out the Peer Educator position description.
If you would like to become a Peer Educator, please complete the Peer Educator application. For more information contact Wendy Jeschke, Student Engagement Coordinator, in Blake Hall Room 155 at (406) 756-3908 or email email email@example.com.