The Student Wellness Team wishes to increase the overall health standards at Flathead Valley Community College by affecting students’ knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, skills, and behaviors concerning health and wellness.
In order to support student learning and academic success, the Student Health & Wellness Team will provide the FVCC community with health promotion and prevention programming. We serve as health and wellness resources for the FVCC family and strive to foster a campus atmosphere that supports and respects healthy lifestyle choices.
- Create a better understanding of health and wellness on campus.
- Increase the capacity for students to make healthy lifestyle choices on campus.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices more appealing and socially accepted.
- Develop institutional systems and structures to support students’ health and wellness.
Areas of Focus:
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation – Smoking and Tobacco Free Policy
- Alcohol and Other Drugs – Campus Alcohol Policy
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Emotional Health (Stress, Anxiety, Sleep, Suicide, etc.)
- Chronic Illnesses (Diabetes, Asthma, Cardiovascular, etc…)
For information and resources check out Student Health 101!
Become a Peer Educator and earn a $1000 scholarship! We select 3-5 students each year to be on our Student Wellness Team to help create wellness programs and events for their peers. For information about this position check out the Position Description (link to Peer Educator Position Description – exists).
Peer Educators help with coordinating Wellness Programs throughout the year including:
- Wellness Fair
- Stress Less Day
- One-time Events (Great American Smokeout, Through with Chew, Kick Butts Day, Sexual Assault, etc…)
If you would like to become a Peer Educator complete the Peer Educator application. For information contact Wendy Jeschke, Student Engagement Coordinator Blake Hall Room 155 at (406) 756-3908 or email email@example.com.