Each year, AmeriCorps offers many different opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups.
AmeriCorps Program Opportunities
AmeriCorps service can be done in your local community, within other communities in Montana, or across the United States. The following are local and national service options. Click on the program names below to learn more about each.
FVCC partners with Montana Campus Compact to provide opportunities for AmeriCorps members in the Flathead Valley. For current volunteer opportunities check out the Montana Campus Compact webpage.
The Serve Montana Website has additional information about AmeriCorps opportunities in Montana.
For National Service Opportunities, please visit www.nationalservice.gov
Segal AmeriCorps Education Award Match
In recognition of the contributions of AmeriCorps members, Flathead Valley Community College(FVCC) will match up to $1000 annually of the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award per student. The $1,000 match may not be combined with any other FVCC tuition Waiver and may not be used for charges associated with a Continuing Education course. FVCC will award $5,000 annually.
Criteria to apply:
- Must be registered, degree-seeking student
- Must be registered for 6 or more credits
- Requests to disperse funds must be completed on the AmeriCorps website
- Write a one-page essay: How your AmeriCorps service impacted you as a person and how you plan to use what you learned to better the community.
Steps to apply:
- Complete the AmeriCorps Education Award Match Application
- Attach one-page essay
- Submit to the Financial Aid Office
Once the priority application deadline has passed, the committee will review applications and notify the recipients.