Is there a deadline to apply for housing?

No.  However, housing assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.  Students will begin receiving notifications in May for fall semester housing assignments.

How do I apply for student housing?

Download and complete the Student Housing Application.  Your application will be considered complete and will be processed once we have received the signed Student Housing Application & Agreement and $200 application fee (which will convert to a $150 deposit and $50 non-refundable application processing fee when you move into the residence hall). You may submit a check or money order with your application, or call FVCC Business Services during business hours at 406-756-3831 to pay the application fee via credit card.

What am I agreeing to when I sign the Student Housing Application and Agreement?

You are agreeing to abide by the terms, conditions, and policies as outlined in the Student Housing Application & Agreement and the Student Housing Handbook.

Am I required to have a meal plan?

No, FVCC does not provide meal plans.  However, students may choose to purchase breakfast and/or lunch in the Eagle’s Nest located in Blake Hall.  Students may also purchase coffee beverages at Campus Grounds located in the Bookstore or next to the theatre in the Arts & Technology Building.

What is my new address?

2205 Hwy 93 N # _______, Kalispell, MT  59901

When can I move in?

Move in information will be sent to you via email when you receive your housing assignment. Move in happens the few days prior to the start of class.

Will I have a telephone landline in my room?

No.  Please bring a cell phone.

Will my room have cable?

No. The community lounge will be equipped with a TV that has cable.

If I’m 21, may I have alcohol in my room?

No.  FVCC is committed to providing an alcohol-free learning environment.  Alcohol is prohibited in the residence hall, academic buildings, parking lots and all other areas of college property, regardless of your age.

Can I bring my own bed and/or desk and have the one provided stored?

No. The furniture provided by the college must remain in your room.

Where can I store my bicycle?

A bike rack is conveniently located near the entrance of the residence hall.  Be sure to bring a bike lock.

Is parking available for residence hall students?

Yes, students may park for free on campus. A parking lot is conveniently located next to the residence hall.

What if I don’t like my roommate?

If you and your roommate are experiencing difficulty residing together, a Residence Life staff member will work with you and your roommate to learn to anticipate problems and develop coping strategies.  If remediation strategies fail, a room change may be possible, depending on room availability.  All room changes need to be approved by the Director of Residence Life; no room changes will be made before the seventh day of classes.

What is the residence hall visitation policy?

Students may entertain guests in their rooms during visiting hours provided that the rights of the other students on the floor, and in particular their roommates, are not violated.  Residents are responsible for the conduct of their visitors/guests and must remain with them at all times.

Can I stay in my room during semester breaks?

Yes, if you have not cancelled your housing commitment for the following semester.

Can I stay in my room during spring break?


Will my financial aid cover my housing costs?

Yes, depending on the amount of your overall financial aid package.  If your net credit after paying your tuition and fees is enough to also cover your housing costs, then your aid can cover your housing costs.

Do I have to come up with the rent before my financial aid package is disbursed?

No, if you have enough aid that covers your entire bill including rent, then you do not have to come up with your rent costs.

Do I have to be a full time student?

Priority for student housing is given to students enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits per semester (except for summer).  Part-time students are eligible to live in the residence hall as space permits. Dropping to or below part-time status from full-time status does NOT automatically cancel a housing contract. Failure to cancel the application/agreement by the stated housing commitment deadline will result in forfeiture of the $200 application fee and will also require the student pay the entire semester’s rent (unless Residence Life and can fill the apartment with another student).

Please let us know if your question was not answered by the FAQ page by contacting us at or at (406) 756-4586.