Flathead Valley Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Flathead Valley Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and is reviewed on a 7-year cycle. FVCC’s Comprehensive Year Seven Self Evaluation Report was submitted March 2020. FVCC’s accreditation was reaffirmed in July 2020.
The College is an institutional member of various organizations including:
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Association of Community College Trustees
- Montana Association of Community College Trustees
- Mountain States Association of Community Colleges
- Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Bigfork Chamber of Commerce
- Columbia Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Eureka Chamber of Commerce
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Lakeside and Somers Chamber of Commerce
- Libby Area Chamber of Commerce
- Whitefish Chamber of Commerce
- The Surgical Technology program is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP), in cooperation with the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology.
- The Medical Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE). The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs is located at 1361 Park Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756 (727) 210-2350.
- The Paramedicine AAS program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
- The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Flathead Valley Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association (1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 2314; phone: (703) 706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Graduates of this program will be eligible and prepared to take the National Physical Therapist Assistant Licensing Exam.
Three FVCC Career and Technical programs have been approved by State Boards.
- Surveying AAS has been approved by the Montana State Board of Professional Land Surveyors.
- Practical Nursing CAS has been approved by the Montana State Board of Nursing. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN).
- Registered Nursing ASN has been approved by the Montana State Board of Nursing. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
FVCC is an Accredited Test Facility for the American Welding Society (AWS ATF).