Looking for a Job
Job search assistance is available to help students and alumni meet their employment objectives for part-time jobs while attending classes or full time jobs upon graduation.
- Students and alumni may access our online job board, CONNECT, to view positions posted by employers who want to hire FVCC students. You can also look at a printed copy of jobs.
- Workshops and individual appointments are available for students wanting assistance with employment applications, resumes, cover letters, interviewing and identifying potential employers.
- Resources such as handouts, career magazines and books with sample cover letters and resumes, and tips on successful job search techniques are available in the Career Center library.
- Practice effective job search techniquesand visit with a career counselor for tips and advice on writing effective resumes, cover letters and application materials, interviewing skills, and networking.
- If you’d like a resume critique or would like assistance in writing a resume, please follow the directions on the Before Your Resume Appointment page.
- Access to Ready Made Resumes, an internet based resume tools and template program. Call (406) 756-3880 for the FVCC website password, then create your own username and password for your own personal account.
- Resume help, interview tips, and more from the National Association of Colleges and Employers—see Job Choices magazine, now in digital format.
As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers, we offer our students