It is never too early or too late to think about your career goals; everyone starts from different places. Career decision making does not follow a straight line and you may find yourself cycling through the process while in college and throughout your entire life. The process always begins with you: Who am I? Where am I in my life? Where do I want to go next? How do I proceed? Let us help you navigate that process.
We offer students and the community a wide variety of FREE resources to help with career planning.
- Interest, Personality, and Skills Assessments
- Career Decision Making Assistance
- Choosing a College Major
- Montana Career and Employment Resources
- Career Planning Handouts
Schedule an Appointment (link to advising/counseling)
Career Assessment Links
- The Montana Career Information System link has a number of different career assessments as well as occupation and school information. Use the following login.
- The Jung Typology Test http://www.humanmetrics.com/#Jung%20Myers-Briggs is based on personality traits.
- O*Net Online www.onetonline.org Opportunities to search by individual occupation titles, for detailed occupation descriptions and current employment by state.
- “What Can I do With This Major” Nation-wide Options
- What Can I Do With a Major In … – A list of UM Majors and careers that go with them.
- ACINET (www.acinet.org) National and State Occupation Trends by Pay, Demand & Outlook
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Careers in Psychology
- Health Management Careers
- Guide to Education in Energy
- Inside Career Info
- The Montana Department of Labor and Industry Research and Analysis Bureau
- http://www.mynextmove.org/vets/ Transition from Military to Civilian Jobs
Come to our Career Resource Room in the Learning Resource Building , Room 129 and utilize any of our Career and Employment Resources
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: May 23, 2014