Continuing Education FAQs
The following are questions and answers to some of our most frequent inquiries:
When can I register for Continuing Education classes?
Registration for Continuing Education classes is on-going; there are no set registration dates. As soon as each semester schedule is available or when the semester schedule printed or posted online, registration begins. Register at any time until class start date as long as class is not full. Register early to ensure a space is available.
What are the Continuing Education office hours?
The Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed on Saturday and Sunday). Extended hours for the first few weeks of the fall and spring semesters are from 8 a.m.to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
How do I register for classes?
There are five easy ways to register for non-credit classes.
- Online: Visit the FVCC website and click on Continuing Education
- Phone: 406-756-3832 with credit card
- Fax : 406-756-3351 with credit card
- Mail: Send your registration with check payable to FVCC at 777 Grandview Drive, Kalispell, MT 59901.
- Walk-in/In-Person: Visit the Continuing Education Center in the Arts & Technology Bldg, Room 215.
Do I have to pay for classes when I register?
Yes. Payment is due at the time of registration. Employers may be billed with an authorization from a company official.
What is the total cost of my class?
The amount listed with each class is the total price including any lab fees. If there are additional supplies or a book you must purchase, it will be noted in the course description.
If I withdraw from a class, can I get my money back?
For multiple session programs, if you withdraw
- more than three business days before the first class, you can receive a 100% refund.
- less than three business days and before the second class session, a 75% refund.
For one session programs, if you withdraw
- more than three business days before the session, you can receive a 100% refund.
- less than three three business days before session, a 75% refund.
What happens if a class is canceled?
Classes that do not receive sufficient enrollment may be canceled. If a class cancels, you will be notified and a full refund will be processed. Payments made by credit card will be reapplied to your account; payments made by cash or check will be mailed a refund check within three weeks.
Can I use financial aid to pay for my classes? Are there scholarships or financial assistance?
Financial aid is not available for for non-credit classes.
Is there homework or tests for non-credit classes?
On occasion, there may be a project or task to complete between classes. In most instances, there will be no homework or tests.
Do I receive a grade?
Non-credit classes are not graded.
Are there discounts for seniors?
If you are age 62 or older, you can receive a $5 discount on any non-credit class fee of $20 or more.
How do I find out about teaching a non-credit class?
We welcome inquiries from potential instructors. A “Desire to Teach” packet is available online.
Still have questions?
Call (406) 756-3832 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org