Veterans’ Benefits

The Veterans’ Affairs Office assists veterans with the following services which are approved for benefits under the current GI Bills:

  • Applying for their educational benefits;
  • Contacting the VA when benefit payments are delayed;
  • Securing tutorial assistance; and
  • Assisting in transfer to other institutions.

Applications for veterans’ educational benefits should be initiated through the Veterans’ Affairs Office in Blake Hall, room 111.  Veterans should be prepared to provide a certified copy of their DD 214 and/or DD form 2384 (notice of basic eligibility) along with some personal history.

VA information sheet

To receive advance payment, a student must:

  • Apply to the college and have a complete admissions file; and
  • Contact the veterans’ coordinator at FVCC at least 90 days in advance of the semester for which they plan to register.

For more information, please contact the Veterans’ Affairs Coordinator Nancy Hanchett at (406) 756-3850 or Sherry Taylor at (406) 756-3982.

Another program offered at FVCC for veterans is Montana Veterans’ Upward Bound (MTVUB).   Veterans’ Upward Bound (VUB) is a federally funded grand from the U. S. Department of Education intended to encourage and assist low income and first-generation  veterans to pursue post-secondary education and training.  In addition to offering classes, we also provide veterans with educational and career assessment and planning, tutoring, and college success skills such as test and note taking.

For more information and/or to sign up for these free services please go to




Report a problem with this page
Last modified: February 22, 2013