- The program will begin Saturday, January 24, 2015 in Venice.
- The program will ends on Saturday, April 20, 2015.
- The estimated total cost of the program is $13,650 which includes all FVCC credit costs.
- All students will be enrolled as full-time FVCC students, each carrying a 22 credit class load.
- All students are required to have valid passports and immunization records.
- All students are asked to set up a pre-departure debit card and ensure it functions internationally.
- Group size is limited to 20 students, 18 years and older.
- Preference is given to students with sophomore status and a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Previous knowledge of Italian is not necessary, but encouraged.
- Students will need to be mature, self-motivated and independent.
- Students will need to be capable of working well in a shared living and studying environment.
- All apartment and hotel accommodations are double occupancy.
- With the exception of the language classes that will be delivered by the Istituto Venezia in the heart of the university district of Dorsoduro, all classes will be conducted in English.
- The normal workload of a college class is required of these classes, and will include written papers, mid and final semester tests, and participation in play readings. Students may elect to audit these classes.
- All students must have a laptop computer with the capacity to receive WIFI internet and necessary adapter plugs.
- Many of the classes are conducted in the streets of Venice and surrounding cities and towns, and students will be expected to walk distances of up to two miles at a time.
- Students will be expected to carry a journal and take notes.
- Venice is a city of hundreds of bridges and most apartments require the climbing of at LEAST one flight of stairs. Students, therefore, must be physically capable of these activities.
- Students are housed in apartments that are in various locations around the city. Students are expected to cook, clean, and wash for themselves, just as they would do if they were renting an apartment in the United States.
- The cost of the program includes an eight day tour of Umbria and Tuscany in a private coach and hotel accommodations.
- The program will facilitate all visas, permissions to stay, travel insurance, and Venetian Public Transport arrangements.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: August 27, 2014