Experience Venice Spring Semester 2015
“I not only discovered amazing feats of art and architecture in my three and a half months abroad, but I discovered things about myself that I had not seen or acknowledged before. I now look at and categorize my life as before and after Venice. That is how impacting the experience was.”
-Caitlin Sterchi, FVCC Venice Study Abroad Student, Spring 2010
Our 2015 Semester in Venice is shaping up to be the experience of a lifetime!
- The program begins Saturday, January 24, 2015 in Venice.
- The program ends on Saturday, April 20, 2015.
- The total cost of the program is $13,650* which includes all FVCC credit costs.
- All students will be enrolled as full-time FVCC students, each carrying a 22-credit class load.
- All students are required to have valid passports and immunization records.
- All students are asked to set up a pre-departure debit card and ensure it functions internationally.
- Group size is limited to 20 students, 18 years and older.
- Preference is given to students with sophomore status and a minimum 3.0 GPAs.
- Previous knowledge of Italian is not necessary but encouraged.
- Students will need to be mature, self-motivated and independent.
- Students will need to be capable of working well in a shared living and studying environment.
- All apartment and hotel accommodations are double occupancy.
All language classes are delivered by the Istituto Venezia, one of Venice’s most highly regarded language schools. Language classes are “full immersion,” conducted in Italian and aimed at preparing students so they can function comfortably in their daily Venetian lives. All other classes are conducted in English. Students should expect a normal workload of a college class, which will include written papers, mid and final semester tests and participation in play readings. Students may elect to audit these classes. All students must have a laptop computer with the capacity to receive WIFI Internet and necessary adapter plugs. Many of the classes are conducted in the streets of Venice and surrounding cities and towns, and students will be expected to walk distances of up to two miles at a time. They also will be expected to carry a journal and take notes. Venice is a city of hundreds of bridges, and most apartments require the climbing of at LEAST one flight of stairs. Students, therefore, must be physically capable of these activities. Students are housed in apartments that are in various locations around the city. Students are expected to cook, clean and wash for themselves, just as they would do if they were renting an apartment in the United States. The cost of the program includes an eight- day tour of Umbria and Tuscany in a private coach and hotel accommodations. The program will facilitate all visas, permissions to stay, travel insurance and Venetian Public Transport arrangements.
Thank you for your interest in the FVCC Semester in Venice Program. If You have questions, please feel free to contact:
FVCC Art Department Director
(406)756-3896 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of International Student Services
(406) 756-3889 or email@example.com.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: February 16, 2015