Steps to Apply
At Flathead Valley Community College we offer the Running Start program to high school students who are 16 years or older and are at junior or senior status.
FVCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation in the educational programs and activities which it offers.
Suggested Running Start Timeline
We suggest starting this checklist at least one month prior to FVCC registration.
Apply to FVCC
- Complete both the Running Start Application Form and a Non-Degree Application For Admission (PDF).
- The Running Start application must be signed by your high school counselor, parent or guardian, FVCC representative, and yourself.
- Be sure to seek advice from your high school counselor regarding course applicability and credit equivalency.
- All Running Start students are required to take the COMPASS placement test. Call FVCC’s Learning Center at 756-3880 to schedule a time to take the COMPASS placement test prior to registering for college courses. A practice test is available here: http://www.act.org/compass/sample/
- Libby Campus students call (406) 293-2721 to schedule a time to take the COMPASS placement test.
- After completing your placement test, call FVCC’s Learning Center at 756-3880 to arrange a time to meet with a FVCC advisor for final approval of course schedule and signature on registration form.
- Registration for Spring Semester 2015 begins December 9, 2015
- Courses begin January 19, 2015
- Registration Form
- Summer Semester 2015 begins April 29, 2015
- Courses begin June 22, 2015
- Session A June 22-July 17
- Session B July 20-August 14
For more information about the Running Start program contact Elizabeth Romain, Running Start Coordinator, at (406) 756-3923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: April 17, 2015