Steps to Apply
At Flathead Valley Community College we offer the Running Start program to high school students who are 16 years or older and are at junior or senior status.
FVCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation in the educational programs and activities which it offers.
Suggested Running Start Timeline
We suggest starting this checklist at least one month prior to FVCC registration.
Apply to FVCC
- Complete a Non-Degree Application For Admission (PDF).
- All Running Start students are required to take the COMPASS placement test. Call FVCC’s Learning Center at 756-3880 to schedule a time to take the COMPASS placement test prior to registering for college courses.
- Libby Campus students call (406) 293-2721 to schedule a time to take the COMPASS placement test.
- Practice Tests:
- After completing your placement test, call FVCC’s Learning Center at 756-3880 to arrange a time to meet with a FVCC advisor for final approval of course schedule and signature on registration form.
- Complete the Running Start Registration Form
- The Running Start Registration Form must be signed by your high school counselor, parent or guardian, FVCC representative, and yourself.
- Be sure to seek advice from your high school counselor regarding course applicability and credit equivalency.
Registration for Summer Semester 2015 begins April 29, 2015
- Courses begin June 22, 2015
- Session A June 22-July 17
- Session B July 20-August 14
Registration for Fall Semester 2015 begins August 10, 2015
- Courses begin August 27, 2015
For more information about the Running Start program contact Elizabeth Romain, Running Start Coordinator, at (406) 756-3923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: May 21, 2015