The Nondestructive Testing curriculum is designed to provide students experience in nondestructive test methods, visual inspection, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current, ultrasonic and radiographic testing. Upon completion of this program, students will: Demonstrate safe practices for nondestructive testing;
- Be able to summarize the rules and regulations of radiation safety and characterists of x-xay and gamma radiation;
- Be able to illustrate electromagnetic principles and be able to use the equipment;
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory and be able to apply ultrasonic techniques;
- Be able to summarize magnetic particle testing formulas, methods, applications, limitations, material sensitivity, and equipment calibration;
- Be able to summarize liquid penetrant fomulas, methods, applications and limitations; and
- Demonstrate knowledge of documents governing nondestructive testing and qualification.
- Visual acuity should be correctable to 20-20 and capability of differentiating contrast among colors and shades.
- Qualified to test for the level II ASNT exam.
Additional Costs There are lab fees associated with some of the classes in this program. They are listed in the semester schedule.
Opportunities After Graduation Career opportunities offer a wide range of possibilities as an inspector in the fabrication and manufacturing industries, steel construction, mining, energy, petroleum, aviation, bridge construction, and other production areas. Advisor: Pete Wade OT 108 (406) 756-3968 firstname.lastname@example.org For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847
This program provides a foundation for many careers such as those on the following list provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the National Center for Education Statistics. For more information on specific career requirements, please contact an FVCC Career Advisor at (406) 756-3880.
SOC Code Occupation
17-3029.01 Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
Average costs for this program are generally:
|Tuition & fees||Room & board||Books & supplies||Transportation & Personal Expenses|