The Nondestructive Testing curriculum is designed to provide students experience in nondestructive test methods, visual inspection, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current, ultrasonic and radiographic testing. Upon completion of this program, students will: Demonstrate safe practices for nondestructive testing;
- Be able to summarize the rules and regulations of radiation safety and characterists of x-xay and gamma radiation;
- Be able to illustrate electromagnetic principles and be able to use the equipment;
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory and be able to apply ultrasonic techniques;
- Be able to summarize magnetic particle testing formulas, methods, applications, limitations, material sensitivity, and equipment calibration;
- Be able to summarize liquid penetrant fomulas, methods, applications and limitations; and
- Demonstrate knowledge of documents governing nondestructive testing and qualification.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: October 31, 2014