Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
This program will prepare students for entry-level positions within the HVAC career field. The curriculum consists of a series of theory courses provided through distance learning and relational plumbing and electrical classes that provide the “hands-on” experience of applying the theory. All courses are taught to the standards of performance required for the North AmericanTechnician Excellence (NATE) certification. Graduates of the HVAC short term certificate possess the entry level skills required to:
- Install a light commercial and residential heating, air conditioning, ventilation and/or refrigeration system;
- Start up and evaluate new systems for proper performance;
- Maintain existing heating, air conditioning, ventilation and/or refrigeration systems;
- Troubleshoot and repair systems that are not performing to standards; and
- Design systems for light commercial and residential application including choosing the correct equipment and the proper distribution of the conditioned air.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: October 30, 2014