Electrical Technology – AAS
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Electrical Technology expands upon the certificate foundation and provides students the background necessary to enter the field of electrical wiring in residential, commercial, and industrial construction sites. The AAS degree provides additional course offerings in planning and estimating, commercial wiring, advanced code study, and motor controls. Graduates of this option will be prepared to meet the challenges of today’s modern equipment and wiring systems and be eligible for advanced placement into a registered apprentice position. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Analyze, configure, troubleshoot and assist in designing and measuring electrical and electronic circuits and systems;
- Learn new technologies and procedures, adapting this knowledge to effectively advance in the field and/or matriculate into the “plus two” section of a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology (BSEET) program;
- Employ computer-based tools to effectively complete technical tasks;
- Work effectively in a team environment;
- Communicate clearly and effectively in speaking and writing with peers, engineers, teams and customers using appropriate technologies including audio, visual and graphics;
- Employ motor and analytical skills to solve problems; and
- Use time management, project management and safety while contributing to an engineering project.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information,
William Richards, OT Navigator
OT 116 B
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 6, 2015