The Engineering Transfer Program at FVCC provides a full range of freshman and sophomore level classes to prepare students transferring to a wide variety of engineering programs at Montana State University – Bozeman, Montana Tech of The University of Montana, and Carroll College. The advantages of small class size, individual attention, and a knowledgeable professional staff provide a solid foundation for transfer, allowing students to transfer with junior status. Curricula can be adjusted to meet similar requirements for other institutions.

Montana State University – Bozeman offers programs in bio-resources, chemical, civil, computer, construction technology, electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering.

Montana Tech of The University of Montana offers programs in engineering science, environmental, general, geological, geophysical, metallurgical, mining, and petroleum engineering.

Carroll College offers a civil engineering program. Surveying and civil engineering are closely related fields, and FVCC provides an excellent opportunity to begin pursuing both professional licenses at the same time. Contact either the surveying advisor or engineering advisor for more information.

Program Requirements

Suggested course of study for a transfer to:
Montana State University – Bozeman

Montana Tech of The University of Montana

As programs change and evolve, it is important to consult with an advisor to keep abreast of changes and to register for classes in the proper order.


Dr. Effat Rady
RH 107
(406) 756-3375

Report a problem with this page
Last modified: June 1, 2015