Personal Trainers are responsible for safe and effective exercise prescription in health and fitness club settings. Thorough understanding of anatomy, muscle function, exercise prescription, basic nutrition and fitness assessment provide personal trainers with the knowledge to safely structure exercise programs for clients. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Learn how to motivate clients in exercise and healthy life choices;
- Gain confidence to create safe and effective exercise programs;
- Understand how the body works to create muscle and metabolize fat;
- Become knowledgeable in fitness assessment techniques; and
- Develop relationships with other fitness professionals for lifelong learning.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to sit for a national certiﬁcation exam through the American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 16, 2014