- Proof of completion of required immunizations
- Successful completion of a background check from an approved vendor along with signature of nursing office staff
- Must be 18 years of age by the end of the course
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Payment of 1/2 tuition and fees at the time of registration
- Attendance in all classes
- Free of active tuberculosis as proven by either a negative TB test or chest x-ray prior to first day of class
- Evidence of the following immunizations:
- MMR ( measles, mumps and rubella)
- Varicella (chickenpox) or proof of immunization or titer or documentation of disease by health care provider
- Hepatitis B (at least first HepB dose of vaccination to show series in progress); If series of vaccinations has been completed, a hepatitis titer is required.
- Tdap (tetanus/pertussis) – whooping cough; only one adult dose needed
- Copies of immunization records from schools are acceptable; if an individual does not have these immunizations, he/she may receive them at the Flathead City-County Health Department; it also is possible to prove immunity by having a blood sample taken and laboratory testing completed.
Supplies and Expenses:
In addition to the FVCC tuition and institutional fees, each CNA student will pay a one-time lab fee of $110.
Other supplies include:
- Required textbook and an additional study guide may be required by individual instructor;
- Normal classroom supplies such as notebook and pen as desired by student and instructor;
- Pocket-sized note pad;
- 1 or 2 uniforms-scrub top and pant;
- Well supporting, closed heel and toe shoes (white or mostly white); and
- Watch with a sweep second hand (digital watches not acceptable).
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: August 21, 2012