Medical Transcription (Online)
Medical Transcriptionists’ work is focused on translating a doctor’s report to an electronic record of a person’s medical history, diagnosis and treatment. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate proper use of the English and medical languages;
- Practice professionalism;
- Use related references and resources for research and practice;
- Use knowledge of standards and regulations in health care documentation;
- Transcribe dictation from tapes, CDs and voice recognition into permanent medical records;
- Operate appropriate software and transcription equipment; and
- Use knowledge of structure, function and terminology related to the human body for communication in health care systems.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
This program provides a foundation for many careers such as those on the following list provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the National Center for Education Statistics. For more information on specific career requirements, please contact an FVCC career advisor at (406) 756-3880.
Average costs for this program are generally:
|Tuition & fees||Room & board||Books & supplies||Transportation & Personal Expenses|