Medical Transcription (Online)
Medical Transcriptionists’ work is focused on translating a doctor’s report to an electronic record of a person’s medical history, diagnosis and treatment. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate proper use of the English and medical languages;
- Practice professionalism;
- Use related references and resources for research and practice;
- Use knowledge of standards and regulations in health care documentation;
- Transcribe dictation from tapes, CDs and voice recognition into permanent medical records;
- Operate appropriate software and transcription equipment; and
- Use knowledge of structure, function and terminology related to the human body for communication in health care systems.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: June 1, 2015