Medical Assistants are multi-skilled practitioners who perform a wide range of roles in physicians’ offices and other health care settings. They are proficient in a multitude of administrative, clerical and clinical tasks and are widely viewed by doctors as vital partners in the medical office. Medical Assistant graduates will use modern technology to:
- Perform clerical functions;
- Perform bookkeeping functions;
- Process insurance claims;
- Perform fundamental clinical procedures such as handwashing, sterilization and Universal Precautions;
- Perform specimen collection;
- Perform routine diagnostic testing;
- Provide routine patient care as directed by a physician;
- Communicate professionally and effectively;
- Perform within legal and ethical boundaries;
- Provide patient instruction as needed;
- Perform routine office operational functions as needed; and
- Demonstrate professionalism in a health care setting.
See the Academic Catalog.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: June 1, 2015