Health Information Technology
This certificate has been developed in response to an estimated need for 10,000 new Health Information Technology (HIT) professionals to assist in the transition of the nation’s health information management from paper-based systems to electronic medical record applications. It is designed to target professionals who are already working in a health-related or technology field. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Work with data flows across HIT systems;
- Migrate data to an electronic health record;
- Evaluate Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems to select the EHR most appropriate to an organization and clinical setting;
- Apply regulatory policies to ensure safety of data; and
- Design and implement a plan to install a health IT system.
This certificate is designed for students who have already completed a degree in Information Technology or a related field or worked in a related field.
There are lab fees associated with some of the classes in this program. They are listed in the semester schedule.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: June 1, 2015