This program combines business background with heavy emphasis on computer skills including spreadsheets, database, word processing, and some computer graphics. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate mastery in computer software skills including Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Dreamweaver, Web 2.0, and Social Media;
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy skills in data entry;
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills while working with teams, with customers, and with managers;
- Demonstrate basic marketing skills and marketing businesses on the web;
- Communicate using various mediums, including writing, verbal, and technology;
- Apply basic accounting functions to small business applications including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and QuickBooks; and
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the law and business.
General Academic Requirements
- All required courses within this degree program must be taken for a letter grade. Only electives may be taken on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis.
- Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Certification for Word and Excel is recommended for this degree program. The certification examination is given at FVCC by appointment. See your advisor for details.
- Students complete an internship to gain real world experience. Discuss this with your advisor and the internship coordinator the prior semester.
For general information, contact the Admissions office at (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 17, 2014