Accounting Technology – AAS
This program is designed to give the student a high level of proficiency as a technical accountant and leads to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Accounting Technology. A technical accountant will possess the skills necessary to perform all accounting functions within the business organization except those of a very advanced nature. The student receives a well-rounded business education and should be able to perform organizational and supervisory duties within the office. Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Understand different types of business organizations;
- Understand the internal control structure of a business organization;
- Analyze and record financial transactions in a manual and computerized general ledger;
- Prepare financial statements according to generally accepted accounting standards;
- Analyze and prepare financial information for management decision making;
- Prepare personal income tax returns;
- Process payroll transactions in accordance with current payroll reporting requirements;
- Develop and apply flexible solutions to accounting problems with the use of spreadsheets;
- Complete tasks for the accounting cycle using general ledger accounting software; and
- Communicate financial information effectively within a business environment.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: October 28, 2014