Metal Arts Fabrication
The Metal Arts Fabrication curriculum is designed to provide students experience in designing student projects, Mig welding, forging, fabrication and assembly, ShopBot, PlasmaCam, and finishing of projects. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate safety practices with shop tools and equipment;
- Be able to transfer their photo or drawing into a CNC program for a cut pattern;
- Be able to Mig weld thin to medium thickness metal;
- Demonstrate knowledge of metallurgy and metal characteristics such as hardening, annealing, and tempering;
- Be able to do basic electricity, such as adding lights to their projects; and
- Demonstrate knowledge of different finishing techniques for metal.
See the Academic Catalog.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: October 31, 2014