Graphic Design – CAS
Specific skills learned in this program include graphic design methodologies, such as the design process, output production and presentation. The certificate prepares students to gain competence with the industry standards for digital images. The students will learn the Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver. Color, resolution, input and output, production process, photography, and drawing are core competencies. Upon completion of the certificate, the student may find a job as a production artist, illustrator, graphic designer, or in digital imaging. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate skills, techniques, and manipulation of tools and equipment necessary for studio graphic design that meet industry standards;
- Interpret and incorporate formal elements of design into digital images;
- Know and understand the impact of graphic communications on society;
- Design and develop professional web sites; and
- Compile a digital portfolio reflecting knowledge, techniques and creativity gained during the student’s course of study.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 28, 2014