Graphic Design – AAS
Specific skills learned in this program include graphic design methodologies, such as the design process, output production, and presentation. Photography, design, and drawing are core competencies. The students will learn Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver. In addition, students will spend the second year learning 3D animation and modeling using Maya. Students will also have a solid foundation in creating marketing plans, writing contracts, and will have market awareness. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate skills, techniques, and manipulation of tools and equipment necessary for studio graphic design that meet industry standards;
- Interpret and incorporate formal elements of design into digital images;
- Know and understand the impact of graphic communications on society;
- Design and develop professional web sites; and
- Create a portfolio reflecting knowledge, techniques, and creativity gained during the student’s course of study.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 28, 2014