Fall 2014 CULINARY ARTS PROGRAM
Priority deadline: July 14, 2014
Required deadline extended to: August 15, 2014
***Before completing and submitting the application materials for the Culinary Arts Program, you must have ALREADY applied to and been accepted by Flathead Valley Community College. ***
***Applying later than August 1, 2014, will affect the availability of your financial aid award for fall semester. Please note: seats are limited in this program and are filled as they are available.***
Please note that there is a mandatory orientation prior to official start of classes.
Orientation will be held over 3 days, August 18, 19, and 20 From 9:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. On Monday August 18, 2014 at 9 a.m., meet in Room 144A of the Arts and Technology Building.
To the applicant:
Thank you for your interest in the Culinary Arts Program at Flathead Valley Community College. This is an Applied Associate of Science program requiring at least four (4) semesters of a prescribed curriculum.
While your entire application package will be carefully reviewed, the following criteria are of particular importance in considering your admittance to the Culinary Arts Program
- Culinary Arts Application Incomplete packets will not be considered.
- Placement Scores:
- proof of a score of 78 or higher on the Reading Skills portion of the COMPASS or equivalent placement test
- proof of a score of 71 or higher on the Writing Skills portion of the COMPASS or equivalent placement test
- proof of a score of 47 or higher on the Pre-Algebra portion of the COMPASS or equivalent placement test
- Educational Performance in lieu of placement scores (see application packet):
- An official copy of Transcript proving a “C-” or better in a 100-level or above college course requiring college-level reading AND/OR
- An official copy of Transcript proving a “C-“ or better in M 108 or M 095 or their equivalents AND/OR
- An official copy of Transcript proving a “C-“ or better in WRIT 101, WRIT 122 or WRIT 095 or their equivalents
- References from two people who are not relatives who have knowledge of your work ethic, maturity, and passion for culinary arts (please see details in application packet).
- Well written essay (please see details in application packet).
- Experience in the culinary field, if any.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 10, 2014