3D Jewelry Design
This program prepares the student for employment in the high-tech field of CAD/CAM jewelry design and production. The central focus of this program integrates a rich and creatively challenging emphasis in computer aided design/computer-aided manufacturing with fabrication, casting and stone setting. Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Learn and effectively practice basic and advanced technical skills in CAD/CAM;
- Understand the principles of vector based drawing and relief editing;
- Gain experience in the proper use and maintenance of CNC mills; and
- Develop a sense of professionalism necessary for working successfully in the jewelry industry.
- Any of the Level I classes are open to general students. No prior knowledge of jewelry fabrication is required for Level I classes.
- All courses within this certiﬁcate program must be taken for a letter grade. No courses may be taken on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis.
- This Certiﬁcate of Applied Science program requires a minimum of four semesters to complete.
For general information, contact the Admissions office: (406) 756-3847.
Report a problem with this page
Last modified: July 15, 2014