Advising – Lincoln County Campus

Getting the classes you need in the sequence you need them is important to us. That’s why we’re focused on helping you plan your academic career the moment you apply to Flathead Valley Community College. If you’re a full-time or degree-seeking student, you’ll be assigned an advisor before you register.

What do advisors do?

FVCC college advisors help students with registration, new-student orientation and preparing for graduation or transferring to a four-year institution. The University of Montana and University of Great Falls offer advising through our Academic Reinforcement Center.

Our advisors know all about the services we offer, so they can direct you to the right people when you have questions or want to get involved in various activities. They will help you maximize your FVCC experience in a way that meets your personal, educational and career goals.  For more infromation, see the FVCC Advising Handbook.

Who gets assigned advisors?

Students in the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, certificate and transfer programs are all assigned advisors.

When do I meet with my advisor?

Before initial registration and registration for each subsequent semester, you’ll meet with your advisor to determine which classes best meet your needs. Your advisor will need to sign your schedule before you register.

Report a problem with this page
Last modified: May 14, 2015